12th Maine Regiment (Civil War)
Twenty-seventh Reunion of the 12th Maine Regiment – Dunstan, 10 September 1908.
The Civic League
The Civic League was the forerunner of the PTA in Scarborough
- Poster – Fair & Entertainment – K. of P. Hall – Oak Hill – Apr. 26, 1929 – Music by Carignan Trio.
- Program of the Scarborough Civic League (Silver Anniversary) Season of 1949-50.
First Congregational Church
Marriage Records of the First Congregational Church were published in the Maine Historical and Genealogical Recorder, Volume 3 (1886), available at Internet Archive. See:
- Apr. 17, 1729, to Nov 15, 1781 – Pages 83-90
- Dec. 4, 1781, to May 6, 1804 – Pages 144-150
- June 21, 1804 to Oct 14, 1852 – Pages 238-243
Those that have been admitted into full communion.
- April 25, 1742 to Sept. 4, 1842 – Pages 257-262
The Outlook Club
The Outlook Club was a women’s group associated with the First Congregational Church at Black Point in 1910. They worked to create the Civil War Monument on the land then known as “The Village Green,” which had once been the site of the Second Parish Church. (Now known as Dunstan.) The monument was dedicated on June 21, 1913. The Club created a Cook Book as part of its fund-raising activities.
Free-Will Baptist Church (North Scarborough)
Records of the North Scarborough Free-Will Baptist Church – Book 1 – 89.09.57 – Transcription of church members, some deeds, and church documents. This Booklet was indexed and is incorporated in the Bill Tolman Memorial Database as [N SCAR BAPTIST CH FC 13]
Records of the North Scarborough Free-Will Baptist Church – Book 2 – 89.09.58 – Transcription of church members, meetings, and other church documents. This Booklet NEEDS INDEXING and needs incorporation into the Bill Tolman Memorial Database. If you are interested in indexing this booklet, please contact us at
Free Church (North Scarborough)
North Scarborough Free Church (Beech Ridge & County Roads) – c. 1870.
North Scarborough Free Church, 1907 — looking west along the County Road, at the junction of Saco Street. The was erected 1871-72; dismantled 1936), is shown on the left, at the southwest corner of the intersection.
The O. E. Sherman store is visible on the right, along the north side of the County Road.
The building in the distance (left of center) and along the south side of the County Road is the residence of Harry L. Sherman, brother of the store’s proprietor, Orra E. Sherman. The home of a third brother, William Sherman, for many years Scarborough’s tax collector, can partially be seen through the trees, beyond the store.
1970 Scarborough Business Directory – by Scarborough Jaycees
Chart: Scarborough Fire Alarm Codes Compliments of Scarborough Lions Club.
Methodist Church (West Scarborough)
Booklet: 150th Anniversary and Rededication – 1802-1952 (Contains church history and images)
Early Documents Methodist Church – 1817-1819 – Various Papers Certifying members including Philemon Rand, Limon Libby, John Woodbury, George Libby, John Libby, Solomon Hartford, Joseph Emerson, and Joseph S. Jewett.
The Outlook Club
The Outlook Club was a group of ladies associated with the First Congregational Church at Black point in 1910 and worked to create the Civil War Monument on the land known as “The Village Green,” which had once been the site of the Second Parish Church. (Now known as Dunstan.) The monument was dedicated on June 21, 1913. The Club created a Cook Book as part of its fund-raising activities.
Prouts Neck Association (Prouts Neck)
Prouts Neck Association Pamphlet – April 1960
Society of Colonial Wars in the State of Maine
Poster: Art Show – Prouts Neck Maine – July 14-16, 1989 to benefit Women’s Auxillary.