1970 Scarborough Business Directory – by Scarborough Jaycees
Hotels, Motels, & Inns
- Atlantic House (est. 1850) by Enoch Nutter.
- The Black Point Inn (Prout’s Neck*)
- The Checkley (Prout’s Neck*) – Est 1873 by Ira Foss
- Cammock House (Prout’s Neck*) – Est. by Silas Libby (1811-1878)
- Danish Village (U.S. Route 1)
- Forest House (Prout’s Neck*) – (aka Est 1927 by J. C. Seavey)
- Higgins Inn (Higgins Beach)
- The Jocelyn House (Prout’s Neck*) – Est 1890 by Frank B. Libby –
- The Kirkwood (Scarborough Beach) – Est. 1870s by James Gunnison – This hotel closed in 1905.
- Lee House –
- Libby Farm Cottages – Cliff Libby
- The Lodges – Two building complex at the entrance to Winslow Homer Road.
- Prouts Neck Country House (Prout’s Neck*) – Gladys Jordan
- Prouts Neck House (aka Middle House) (Prout’s Neck*) – Est. Thomas Libby (1743-1824)
- Southgate (aka Ocean Cottage) (Prout’s Neck*) – Est 1878 by John Kaler
- West Point House (Prout’s Neck*) – Est 1870s by Thomas J. Libby (1840-1894)
- Willows (aka Sea View House) (Prout’s Neck*) – Est. 1871 by Benaiah Libby (1814-1878)
See Hotels, Motels, & Inns and additional Photo Gallery Hotel photos,
- F. H. Snow Canning, Co. (Pine Point) – Photo from the 1937 Town Report.
- Dunstan Corner (West Scarborough)
- Barker’s Store & Fried Clams (Pine Point) Photo
- Bob White’s Carriage House (Dunstan) – Menu
- Clark’s Normandie (Dunstan) – Flickr Photo
- Dunscroft Inn (Dunstan) – Flickr Photos – Menu – Photo
- Dunscroft Drive-in (Dunstan) – Flickr Photos
- Moulton House (Dunstan) – Menu
- Normandie (Dunstan) – Flickr Photo
- Phoenix (Pine Point Beach) – Digital Maine
- Snowberry Lobster House (Pine Point) – Menu
- Snug Harbor (Dunstan) – Flickr Photos – Menu
- The Tarry-a-While (Dunstan) – Menu
- Valle’s Steak House (Dunstan) – Menu 1941 – Children’s Menu (1957) – Menu 1957 – Menu 1961
- G.W. Knight’s Store – (Includes Jim Leary, George Knight, George’s mother & first wife.)
- Ganen’s General Store – Flyer – “Now Open” (circa 1948.)
- Howatt’s Store.
- Murray’s Pharmacy (Dunstan) – Calendar: Dec 1956.
- O.E. Sherman & Son (North Scarborough) circa 1938.
- V. T. Shaw, Store and Post Office, Prouts Neck – 2022.37.10 – Photo at Digital Maine
- W. H. Graffam Store (Dunstan) – Photo W. H. Graffam Store, ca. 1920s.
- Wayside Furniture, Inc (Dunstan) – Calendar: Jan 1951
- Portland Drive-In Theater (Oak Hill) – Poster: Community Drive-in Church every Sunday morning.
- Sabbath Rest Poultry Farm – L. L. Bryant (West Scarborough) – Envelope – Chicken Houses
- Scarborough Downs – Photo: “Dorothy G” in the Winner’s Circle. Owner-W.T.Beattie, Jocky-A.F.Martinez, Trainer-A.Hutchins.
*Thanks to Linda McLoon and Rodney Laughton for the Prouts Neck hotel information and establishment dates.
**Samuel F. Boyd, manager of the Black Point In died 25 January 1929 after 5 years managing the Inn. This pamphlet/brochure must be from 1929 or later.