“In the mid 1920’s, the ever growing population in Scarborough created the need for a new high school. The school is shown under construction in 1926. It became known simply as Scarborough High School until 1954, when it was renamed for beloved principal and teacher Elwood G. Bessey, who had retired six years previously. No longer used for classes, the building is still owned by the town.”
The above information taken from Rodney Laughton’s book, Scarborough in the Twentieth Century.
In 2010 the building is used for senior housing and is called Bessey Commons.