Biographical Review – Containing Biographical Sketches of Leading Citizens of Cumberland County, Maine. Internet Archive. “Scarboro” is found on 43 pages of the book including within the biographies of the following:
Willard N. Fenderson
Aurelius Scott Jones
Philip J. Larrabee
George Henry Libby
Charles R. Milliken
Edwin Chapin Milliken
Augustus Freedom Moulton
Charles H. Osborne
Woodbridge G. Osborne
Gardner Merrill Parker
Seth L. Plummer
Hon. Mahlon H. Webb
Charles C. Wiggin
A Gazetteer of the State of Maine: with numerous illustrations by Geo. J. Varney. 1881. Available via Family Search. (Free access but login is required.)
Leavitt Genealogy – By Emily Leavitt Noyes.
There are five volumes in this series. All are available as an E-Book from Archives.org. We have Volumes 1, 2, and 4 physically at the museum.
- Descendants of John, the immigrant, through his son Moses. Museum BC14 and E-Book
- Descendants of John Leavitt, the immigrant, through his son Israel and Lydia Jackson. Museum BC14 and E-Book
- Descendants of John Leavitt, the immigrant, through his son, Josiah, and Margaret Johnson. E-Book
- Descendants of Thomas Leavitt, the immigrant 1616-1696, and Isabella Bland. Museum BC14 and E-Book
- Descendants of John Leavitt, the immigrant, through his son, Samuel and Mary Robinson E-Book
The Maine Historical and Genealogical Recorder
Published in Portland by S. M. Watson, Publisher.
Volumes 1 through 9 are available at Archive.org for viewing and download. There are many articles in these volumes that contain references to Scarboro and Scarborough. (Always search for both spellings.)
- Volumes 1, 2, & 3 – 1884, 1885, & 1886
- Volumes 4, 5, & 6 – 1887, 1888, 1889
- Volumes 7, 8. & 9 – 1893, 1895, 1898
Marriage Records of the First Congregational Church are included in Volume 3. See
- Apr. 17, 1729, to Nov 15, 1781 – Pages 83-90
- Dec. 4, 1781, to May 6, 1804 – Pages 144-150
- June 21, 1804 to Oct 14, 1852 – Pages 238-243
Maine Historical Society – Collections and Proceedings
Second Series, Vol. V – 1894
- Pg 345 – 360 – Mogg Heigon – His Life, His Death, and its Sequel. Google Books
Milliken Genealogy – Ridlon, G. T. 1907. History of the Families Millingas and Millanges of Saxony and Normandy: comprising genealogies and biographies of their posterity surnamed Milliken, Millikin, Millikan, Millican, Milligan, Mulliken, and Mullikin, A.D. 800-A.D. 1907, containing names of thirty thousand persons, with copious notes on intermarried and collateral families, and abstracts of early land grants, wills, and other documents. [Kezar Falls, Maine?]: Published by the author.
Volume 1: – Volume 2:
[Note: Look for Scarborough, Scarboro, and Scarbro.]
Names of soldiers of the American Revolution : who applied for state bounty under resolves of March 17, 1835, March 24, 1836 and March 20, 1836, as appears of record in land office – Maine Records – Family Search (Free but login required).
Records and files of the Quarterly Courts of Essex County, Massachusetts
Author: Essex County (Mass.). Quarterly Courts, Essex Institute, Dow, George Francis, 1868-1936. https://archive.org/stream/recordsfilesofqu06esse
The Settlement of Scarborough by Augustus F. Moulton
Maine Historical Society, Maine Genealogical Society (1884-),York County (Me.). Register of Deeds.
[ Volume XIII ]