Researched by Don Taylor
As of 9 October 2018
Fickett Surname File:
The Fickett Surname File has two items in it.
- Short Fickett note regarding Johnathan Fickett. 89.9.720 – Fickett – Libby Notes
- “Pink Pointer” slip with two items.
- See 03.83.29 Lindquist Collection, Vol. I; Agreement; re colt. Daniel Larrabee and Amos F. Fickett. [Rear Room cupboard, Black three-ring binder]
- John 89.9.190 – Scarborough People (Gray Notebook) – I was unable to locate this book at this time.
A website search identified a “Fickett/Dyer Notebook” genealogical 3-ring binder, 2003.84.08 in Lateral File 1. The Notebook is over an inch thick and has many items pertaining to the Fickett family including the following.
- Several pages from a Geocities webpage which are available through the WayBack Machine.
- Grandpa’s Scrapbook, Pages 65 through 71 – Available at Amazon.Com.
- The Descendants of Zebulon Fickett – 4 Pages.
- The Descendants of John Fickett.
- The Fickett Family – 8 Pages.
- Some of the text clearly came from Genealogical and family history of the state of Maine by George Thomas Little.
- Some from The Maine Historical and Genealogical Recorder, Volumes 4-5, Page 141 (John ffecket [sic])
- Some from Three Systems John, III Fickett
- THE ABOVE ARE FROM THE FIRST PAGE OF 8 PAGES OF MATERIAL. THERE ARE SEVEN MORE PAGES OF INFORMATION FROM VARIOUS SOURCES.
- FICKETT File – Author Unknown – 10 Pages.
- “First Ocean Steamer” – Roots Web printout clearly taken from Sprague’s journal of Maine history. Volume 7 (1919/20), Page 244. Online at Hathi Trust.
- Ficketts of Cape Elizabeth – (Ficketts.txt at rootsweb.com)
- “Petition of New Hampshire Settlers” taken from the The New England historical and genealogical register by Henry F. Waters, page 233.
- Because John Fickett served in the Revolutionary War, the DAR Genealogy Database may be of great genealogical use.
The Bill Toland Memorial Database includes 314 entries for Ficket, Fickets, Fickett, and Ficketts. Contact the Scarborough Historical Society for further information.