The White School

The White School, Scarborough, ca. 1910

Commonly called the White School, because of its color, this building was erected in 1905 at Oak Hill four corners. It was the first school specifically built for High School classes. Originally grammar school classes were held on the first floor and high school classes were held upstairs. There were four class rooms total. In 1927 the town opened a new high school, a mile south on Route One and this school became known as Oak Hill Primary School. It was eventually sold by the town and is now Arlberg Ski Shop.

This entry was posted in Oak Hill, Schools and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.