This was the last Dunstan area school built, it was dedicated in 1944. This brick building replaced the smaller wooden one built in 1923. The school was built during the early years of World War II and was closed in the 1980s.
This beautiful federalist style building had four classrooms on each of the two floors, a library and principal’s office. It was dedicated to the men and women who fought for our democracy. The structure cost $75,399.00 to build. Today it serves as The Dunstan School Restaurant with some additions. It is located on the corner of Payne Road and Route 1.